Using our in-depth market knowledge, network and know-how, we meticulously plan and prepare in advance of bidder negotiations. We take time to understand your priorities and help you to build a picture of your optimal terms – tailored to you and your team.
We align your vision for the management team with your business plan strategy ensuring all aspects of management planning have been taken in to account. In this phase we will:
- Provide insight to different bidder house styles and approach to terms
- Familiarize ourselves with your team and its likely future evolution
- Review your current incentive arrangements and discuss elements to retain or amend
- Brief you on the spectrum of typical market terms for key items and discuss your priorities and preferences in order to make or react to a proposal via a management term sheet.
- Model illustrative sale proceeds, cash-out and rollover figures on an individual basis
- Produce illustrative returns modeling to help shape expectations, bring the economic terms into focus and help define our negotiating position with you
- Work with your tax and legal advisers to incorporate their work, and particularly to ensure structuring conforms to market norms
- If appropriate prepare a management term sheet that puts forward your desired position on key commercial terms
- This term sheet provides the opportunity to focus on financial incentive structure (e.g. risk / reward curve) and key commercial terms (e.g. leaver rules) which will be negotiated with bidders in the next phase of our work